To Prevent or Reverse Diabetes, Exercise!
This should be excellent motivation to those of you who are procrastinating on your exercise program. If someone told you there is a “magic” trick that would almost instantly improve the way your body regulates blood sugar, and reduce the spikes in blood sugar that occur after a meal would you do it?
Well there is and it is called exercise. And now that you know the next step is up to you….
Why Exercise is So Important for Diabetes
Without exercise you’re unlikely to get diabetes under control. It works so well because it is one of the fastest and most powerful ways to lower your insulin and leptin resistance. Type 2 diabetics need to address the ROOT of the problem, which is NOT your blood sugar levels, as most conventional physicians would have you believe.
According to Dr. Ron Rosedale, if you follow the misguided belief that diabetes is a disease of blood sugar, you are likely destined for premature death. Taking insulin is one of the WORST things you can do. It will actually make your insulin and leptin resistance worse over time. Dr. Rosedale, an expert on leptin physiology says most doctors make diabetes worse and accelerate the death process.
· Leptin is a hormone produced in your fat cells. Leptin regulates your appetite and body weight. It tells your brain when to eat, and when to STOP eating. Leptin is responsible for signaling insulin.
· Insulin is released when sugars and grains raise your blood sugar. Insulin’s main role is NOT to lower your blood sugar, but to store the extra energy for future times of need.
· Insulin resistance occurs when your body becomes resistant to the hormone insulin. It provokes an insulin surge when you eat too many sugars and grains and signals more insulin in your body. When your body is exposed to too much insulin it eventually no longer responds to it properly and becomes insulin resistant.
Exercise Is An EFFECTIVE Way To Regain Insulin Sensitivity
There are three important aspects for exercise.
3. Length of time
Intensity is KEY for an effective exercise program. Burst-type exercises cuts down the time you have to spend exercising. It should take 20 minutes each session. Here is a summary of what a typical fitness routine might look like using a recumbent bike, elliptical machine or treadmill.
1. Warm up three minutes
2. Exercise as hard and fast as you can for 30 seconds.
3. Recover for 90 seconds by continuing to exercise but at a reduced pace
4. Repeat the high intensity exercise process and recovery seven more times.
Start out slow at first and do less repetitions, and work your way up. You could start out walking and do your 30 second bursts with your legs moving as fast as possible and your arms pumping hard and fast.
You will want to incorporate other types of exercise to round out your regimen. A good exercise plan would also include strength training, core exercises, flexibility and stretching.
Exercise plus Good Life Style Habits
The only know way to control proper leptin and insulin signaling is proper diet and exercise. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. No drug can accomplish this! In a random study of more than 33,000 people showed that drug treatment of type 2 diabetes in not only ineffective, but it is dangerous as well. Glucose-lowering drugs showed the potential to increase your risk of death from heart-related issues.
So, the key in diabetes prevention, is Exercise and diet!
Drinking just one sweetened drink a day can raise your diabetes risk by 25 percent, so you need to look for hidden sources of sugar and fructose. This also includes processed foods of all kinds. You should even avoid fruits until you get your leptin working again.
More Recommended Reading on Exercise
I am Shirley Noah, I teach a step-by-step approach to good health. Let’s connect to see how I may best serve you in the near future.