What Could You Do for Your Health Without Spending Money?
What if you had more joy, less stress and there is a way that would have a huge impact on your mental and physical health that you could do without spending any money – and have fun doing it?
Would you be interested?
Here are a few hints:
- You can do it alone, but it is definitely more fun doing it with others.
- It’s not usually done in our culture.
- It’s something we used to do as a kid but probably don’t do it much now.
It’s Laughter IS The Best Medicine!!
Decades of research on laughter have shown numerous benefits, including:
- Reduction of stress hormones
- Improved immune function
- Reduction of pain
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Improved cardiovascular health
“Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well; and not today’s pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.” ~ James H. West Click To Tweet ~ James H. West
I believe that laughter is right up there with sleep, exercise, and other forms of stress management as one of the most effective ways we can improve our health and extend our life. One example that comes to mind is Norman Cousins book Anatomy of an Illness as Perceived by the Patient: Reflections on Healing and Regeneration. Cousins’s influential work Read More