“Superfoods” Are For Everyone!
“Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates
Even People who are healthy can make a few tweaks and impact their life. Imagine a superfood-not a drug-powerful enough to help you lower your cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer, and put you in a better mood? Also, did I mention no side effects?
You don’t need specific foods for specific ailments. Incorporating a variety of superfoods will help you maintain your weight, fight disease, live a better quality of life for a longer period of time.
20 TOP SUPERFOODS THAT OFFER SUPER HEALTH PROTECTION
- Avocado-In addition to excellent fat, they enhance your body’s absorption of nutrients and inhibit inflammatory conditions. They are high in potassium.
- Beans-Loaded with nutrition and taste beans provide B vitamins, Calcium potassium, folate, fiber and protein.
- Blueberries-Berries are loaded with vitamins, minerals and micronutrients. Their antioxidant power helps free radicals in check and fight inflammation.
- Broccoli-A cruciferous veggie that may reduce risk for diseases such as arthritis, cancer and heart disease.
- Coconut Oil-Provides a mix of medium-chain fats, including C6, C8, C10 and C12 fats. It is antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral.
- Dark Chocolate-70-85% dark chocolate is loaded with fiber, iron, magnesium, copper and manganese. It also has potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium. Consumed in moderation it a great superfood AND it tastes good.
- Fermented Cabbage-Fermenting adds beneficial microbes and help balance intestinal flora and boost your immunity.
- Garlic-Contains the compound allicin which has potent medicinal properties, it is highly nutritious and has very few calories.
- Kale-High nutritional density of all green leafy vegetables, with essential and non-essential amino acids. Vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C. Lutein and zezxanthin for eyesight.
- Kiwi-More vitamin C than oranges, loads of fiber to promote cardiovascular and blood sugar support. Reduces cancer risk, provides bone and connective tissue support and lung health.
- Oats-Oats provide fiber, good carbohydrate that helps to stabilize blood sugar, removes bad cholesterol, protects against heart disease and boosts the immune system.
- Onions-Another anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer food. They have compounds that protect against cardiovascular disease and neurological dysfunction or decline. They also help prevent obesity and diabetes by inhibiting enzymes in digestive tract.
- Oranges-Reduced risk of cancer, lung an respiratory health. Oranges are high in vitamin C and antioxidants, provide an immunity boost, fiber, potassium and anti- inflammatory benefits.
- Pumpkin-It is a very low calorie vegetable. It is a storehouse of many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- Wild Caught Salmon-Clean fish like salmon, sardines or anchovies once or twice a week may increase your life span by reducing risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Spinach-Rich in cancer-fighting antioxidants, Vitamin K1(good for veins and arteries), magnesium and folate (good for short term memory)
- Sprouts-Concentrated nutrients, essential fatty acids and enzymes. They also protect against chemical carcinogens.
- Tea (green)– A powerful anti-oxidant. Also helps lower cholesterol and inhibit cancer cell growth.
- Yogurt-Organic grass fed milk yogurt provide beneficial bacteria along with protein, calcium, B vitamins and cancer-fighting conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Walnuts-One quarter cup of walnuts proved 100 percent of the daily recommended value of plant-based omega-3 fats, manganese, molybdenum and biotin.
Eating a healthy, nutrient-dense diet is a potent preventive strategy and eating more organic foods and healthy fats in your diet are key considerations.